Advertising Revenue Drop Rates to Slow Down in the Coming Year – MNI, GCI, NYT, NWSA
NEW YORK, October 11, 2012 (MESHPRESS) – Beststocksdaily.com, an investment community with a special focus on updating investors with recent news on the U.S. stock market, issues news alert on the following stocks:-
There is good news for firms that publish newspapers – advertising revenue drop rates will slow down a bit in 2013. The reasons for this changing trend are the steadily improving economy and the real estate market becoming more stable. According to Benchmark analyst Ed Atorino, he predicts that ad revenues for these firms will drop at 4%-7% this year and the decline rate will slow down to 3%-5% in the next.
How Should Investors Trade The Sector? Find Out Here
The last decade was not too promising as newspaper revenues sharply declined. The Newspaper Association of America reports that print and online ad revenue for newspapers plummeted to $23.9 billion last year from $46.2 billion in 2003. Atorino has positive hopes due to the drop rate in print advertising reducing slightly and a steady growth in digital newspaper advertising.
Is It The Right Time To But The Newspaper Stocks? Find Out Here
The Wall Street Journal unveiled its first edition of its brand new real estate section, called “Mansion”, which will be available on a weekly basis. The section comprised ads for upper-end properties and there was a highlighted portion about the three homes of poet Maya Angelou. It is now clear as to how the real estate market will prove to be beneficial for newspapers.
Midday trading on Wednesday showed mixed results for shares of newspaper publishers. The McClatchy Company(NYSE:MNI) went up 14 cents or 5.5% to $2.70, while Wall Street Journal publisher News Corp(NASDAQ:NWSA) went down 28 cents to $24.34. The New York Times Company(NYSE:NYT) shares declined 7 cents or 0.70% at $9.98 and USA Today publisher Gannett Co., Inc.(NYSE:GCI) went down by 0.95% or 17 cents to $17.72.
Is MNI a Buy After Yesterday’s Gain? Find Out Here
Beststocksdaily.com team is engaged in providing valuable and updated news information on U.S. stocks on a regular basis. Beststocksdaily.com instant stock news on Major Gainers, small cap penny stocks and various other stocks, guides investors in making the wise stock market investments decision. To Get Instant updates in the inbox, readers are advised to sign up for free at Beststocksdaily.com.
The assembled information disseminated by beststocksdaily.com is for information purposes only, and is neither a solicitation to buy nor an offer to sell securities. beststocksdaily.com does expect that investors will buy and sell securities based on information assembled and presented in beststocksdaily.com. PLEASE always do your own due diligence, and consult your financial advisor.
- Stock’s Buzzers – Hopto Inc (OTCBB:HPTO), Decision Diagnostics Corp (OTCBB:DECN), Plandai Biotechnology Inc (OTCMKTS:PLPL), MTN Group Ltd (ADR) (OTCMKTS:MTNOY)
- Stocks on the Move – ASTELLAS PHARMA INC (OTCMKTS:ALPMY), Max Sound Corp (OTCBB:MAXD), NanoTech Entertainment, Inc. (OTCMKTS:NTEK), New Energy Technologies Inc (OTCMKTS:NENE)
- Trending Stocks – Lenovo Group Limited (ADR) (OTCMKTS:LNCGY), Liquidmetal Technologies Inc (OTCBB:LQMT),Advanced Cell Technology, Inc. (OTCMKTS:ACTC), Indo Global Exchange(s) PteLtd (OTCMKTS:IGEX)
- Stocks in the News – Senesco Technologies, Inc. (OTCBB:SNTI), Accelerize New Media Inc (OTCBB:ACLZ), Telecom Corp of New Zealand (ADR) (OTCMKTS:NZTCY), A.P. Pharma, Inc. (OTCBB:APPA)
- Stock’s Trend Analysis Report – LIGHTSTREAM RES (OTCMKTS:LSTMF), Itochu Corp (ADR) (OTCMKTS:ITOCY), diaDexus, Inc. (OTCMKTS:DDXS), Imageware Systems Inc (OTCMKTS:IWSY)